Lawton Fire Department respond to apartment fire

Lawton Fire Department respond to apartment fire

LAWTON, OKLAHOMA (TNN) - Fire trucks raced to a west Lawton apartment complex Tuesday night after flames broke out in someone’s home.

It happened a little after 7 P.M. at the Winchester Apartments on Northwest 82nd Street right across the road from the Lawton Marketplace.

LFD says one person was inside an apartment when a fire started on the stove top. We’re told that person was able to get out safely before firefighters put out the flames.

Investigators say most of the fire damage was confined to the kitchen, but the rest of the apartment was left with smoke damage.

Copyright 2019 Texoma News Network. All rights reserved.