The City of Lawton Industrial Pretreatment Program is sponsoring the 3rd Annual Poster contest to celebrate Earth Day.
Water is our most valuable resource and is essential for all living things. We use water for drinking, bathing, cooking, cleaning, swimming, fishing, boating, and gardening. We must remember to conserve water and protect it from pollution because it is a limited resource.
Now is the time to get everyone involved in water conservation and protection because the future of our water supply is in our hands! Take time to think about the water you use, what you put down the drain, and ways you can use less water.
Theme: "Water is Life"
Deadline: April 17, 2009
Drop off Site: City of Lawton Public Library, 110 SW 4th St., Lawton, OK, 73501 or City of Lawton Public Works Administration Building, 2202 SW 3rd St., Lawton, OK, 73501
Eligibility: Any child grades K-12 may enter
Age Groups: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12
- All posters should be on poster board size 22"x28". Posters not on poster board will be disqualified.
- Students may use crayons, watercolors, poster paints, markers, ink, and pencils
- Students must work on posters individually; collaborated work will be disqualified.
- Only original artwork will be accepted. Reproduction of popular cartoon characters or other copyrighted information as well a three-dimensional work will not be accepted.
- The student's name, grade, school, home address, home telephone, and guardian's name must clearly be printed on the back of the poster in black ink.
- Posters will not be returned and will remain the property of the City of Lawton
Judging: Judging will be based upon message, neatness, creativity, originality, and visual effectiveness
Awards: All entries will receive a participation certificate. The top three entries in each age division will receive a plaque that will be presented at the Council meeting on April 28, 2009. winners will be notified the week of April 19.