Comanche County suffers severe flooding!
Torrential rains swept through Comanche County late Wednesday night causing numerous road closures and flooding throughout the county, including the City of Lawton. County road crews continue to assess damaged roadways and work diligently to keep as many roadways open as possible.
County officials ask citizens to use caution when travelling. DO NOT enter a roadway that is covered with water, "Turn Around, Don't Drown!"
For an updated list of Road Closures, visit www.comanchecounty.us !
*ALL roads/streets in the City of Lawton which were closed due to high water have been opened!
Comanche County Road Closures
Western District Closures
- Coombs Road, between Deyo Mission Road and Red Elk Road
- Airport Road, between Burk Road and New Hope Road
- Coffee Road, between Deyo Mission Road and Red Elk Road
- Holiday Road, between Crater Creek Road and SW 177th Street
- NW 277thStreet, between Meers Porter Hill Road and Wolf Road (low-water crossing)
- SW 112th Street, South of Burk andSouth of Hwy 36
- SW Pecan Rd,between Deyo Mission and Red Elk (tinhorn is washed out)
- SW Red Elk, between Logue Chapel Rd and Holiday Rd
Eastern District Closures