Makes 4 servings
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped 3/4 cup ketchup (no salt added)
- Grated peel and juice of 1/2 Sunkist lemon 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh squeeze orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger root 3 Sunkist oranges, peeled, cut into bite-size pieces 20 small to medium cook shrimp, with tails and shells removed about 7 ounces)
- 3 cups cooked rice (no salt added)
- Chopped cilantro or parsley
In large non-stick skillet, spray with no-stick cooking spray, cook onion and green pepper over medium-high heat until tender but not browned. Add ketchup, lemon peel and juice. Blend cornstarch and sugar with orange juice and ginger; add to sauce. Cook, stirring until thickened. Add orange pieces and shrimp; heat. Serve over hot-cooked rice. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 365 calories (3percent from fat, 1 percent from saturated fat), 14 g protein, 1 g fat, 77 g carbohydrate, 81 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 4 g dietary fiber, 691 mg potassium.
Courtesy of Sunkist Growers and www.5aday.com