Family sick, carbon monoxide at Irving hotel - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Family sick, carbon monoxide at Irving hotel

IRVING, Texas (AP) - Hospital officials say five members of an Oklahoma family have gotten sick from apparent carbon monoxide exposure at a Dallas-area hotel.

An Irving Fire Department spokesman says the incident happened at about Monday at the Hyatt Place in the Las Colinas district. A Hyatt spokeswoman says the hotel's boiler caused the incident and is now in the process of being replaced.

Officials with Las Colinas Medical Center say a man, a pregnant woman and their three children, ages 1, 8 and 10, were treated for nausea and headaches.

Hospital officials say the family from Tulsa, Okla., was on vacation in the Dallas area when they started feeling sick. The family has been transferred to another undisclosed hospital for further treatment.

The hotel spokeswoman says 30 to 40 people were evacuated.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly