Trial set for ex-soldier charged in home invasion - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

UPDATE: Trial starts for ex-soldier charged in home invasion

Posted: Updated:

LAWTON, Okla._The trial of a Fort Sill soldier accused of kidnapping and shooting in a violent home invasion started Wednesday. Kevon McLaren is one of three men accused of breaking into an apartment last year, tying six people up, and shooting four of them.      

One of the alleged victims testified about the attack on the first day of the trial. He told the judge how McLaren forced him to the floor at gunpoint and bound his feet and arms with duct tape. He says McLaren and the two other soldiers bound the hands of three women sitting on a couch, also being held hostage. The witness said the men then piled up the things they planned to steal, including guns, cellphones and other electronic devices. 

Before Wednesday's proceedings, McLaren waived his right to a jury trial.

Testimony in the case will continue Thursday.

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.