Fire breaks out in Lawton home early Friday - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Fire breaks out in Lawton home early Friday

Posted: Updated:

Lawton- A Lawton family was forced from their home early Friday after a fire broke out inside.

It happened a little before 3 a.m. in the 1300 block of Northwest Maple. The Lawton Fire Department says three people were home, when one of them who was up watching television noticed smoke coming out of the air ducts. Everyone got out of the home and called 911. Flames were coming from the roof when firefighters arrived. They say the fire also got into the attic.

The blaze was under control in about 20 minutes. The deputy chief says it appears some electrical wiring under the eaves of the home outside may have sparked it, but the fire marshal is investigating. The family is staying with relatives for the time being.

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.