Fire forces family from home overnight in Lawton - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Fire forces family from home overnight in Lawton

Posted: Updated:

Lawton- A family was forced from their home around 3 a.m. Tuesday morning after a fire broke out inside it.

They were asleep when it happened in the 2400 block of Southwest Cornell. That's just a block south of Gore Boulevard. The family made it out of the home by the time firefighters arrived. They had left a pan on the stove with the burner on for quite a while. It eventually caught fire and the flames spread to cabinets in the kitchen.

Fortunately the fire did not reach the attic, however the home's electrical wiring was damaged and they can not stay there until it's fixed. 

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.