Lawton family's turkey up in flames - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Lawton family's turkey up in flames

Posted: Updated:

LAWTON, Okla_Lawton firefighters were called to a Thursday morning fire after a Butterball turned into a fireball.

Each year on Thanksgiving, fires triple across the country due to faulty cooking practices---
and that's what fire officials say happened here.


Firefighters were called to Northwest 14th Street and Smith after a frozen turkey was placed in the oven and caught fire, filling the kitchen with smoke.


Officials say thankfully the fire didn't spread beyond the oven, allowing them to put the small blaze out in no time.


There were no injuries--but one of the homeowners was treated for shortness of breath.

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.