Expensive fork lift catches fire at Lawton business - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Expensive fork lift catches fire at Lawton business

Posted: Updated:

Lawton- A Lawton equipment rental company is counting its losses after an expensive fork lift went up in flames.

Firefighters got the call around 10 p.m. Thursday night. A 911 caller said the high rise fork lift was on fire outside United Rentals, formerly known as RSC, located at 24th and Lee Boulevard. We're told the machinery was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. They later determined workers had been doing maintenance on it earlier in the day and a battery short ignited some of its fluids after they went home for the night.

The fire department says the lift was likely destroyed. They've estimated the damage at $35,000.

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.