People Allowed Back in Capitol After Bomb Threat - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

People Allowed Back in Capitol After Bomb Threat

Photo: KWTV News 9 OKC Photo: KWTV News 9 OKC

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla_ People are being allowed back into the Oklahoma State Capitol following a bomb threat Friday morning.

Governor Mary Fallin was among those evacuated. Rep. Joe Dorman said the fire alarm went off Friday morning, then Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers came to each office and told everyone to leave the building. Rep. Dorman said the evacuation was efficient, calm, and safe. Officials said they originally thought they were evacuating the building because of a fire, but they later learned there had been a bomb threat on the building.

Police and the bomb squad searched the State Capitol room by room to make sure there is no legitimate threat.

Hundreds of young students were reportedly at the State Capitol celebrating Colonial Day.

No one was hurt during the evacuation. It appears the bomb threat was just a hoax.

  • Local NewsNewsMore>>

  • DOJ looks into how AT&T, Verizon handle defecting customers

    DOJ looks into how AT&T, Verizon handle defecting customers

    Friday, April 20 2018 7:43 PM EDT2018-04-20 23:43:53 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 2:42 AM EDT2018-04-21 06:42:37 GMT
    The Justice Department is investigating AT&T, Verizon and a standards-setting group. (Source: Raycom Media)The Justice Department is investigating AT&T, Verizon and a standards-setting group. (Source: Raycom Media)

    The Justice Department has opened an antitrust investigation into whether AT&T and Verizon and a standards-setting group worked together to hinder consumers from easily switching wireless carriers.

    The Justice Department has opened an antitrust investigation into whether AT&T and Verizon and a standards-setting group worked together to hinder consumers from easily switching wireless carriers.

  • Leak crackdown talk yields rare Comey, Trump agreement

    Leak crackdown talk yields rare Comey, Trump agreement

    Friday, April 20 2018 1:03 AM EDT2018-04-20 05:03:06 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 2:38 AM EDT2018-04-21 06:38:42 GMT
    (AP Photo/Susan Walsh). Copies of the memos written by former FBI Director James Comey are photographed in Washington, Thursday, April 19, 2018. President Donald Trump told former FBI Director James Comey that he had serious concerns about the judgment...(AP Photo/Susan Walsh). Copies of the memos written by former FBI Director James Comey are photographed in Washington, Thursday, April 19, 2018. President Donald Trump told former FBI Director James Comey that he had serious concerns about the judgment...

    President Donald Trump told former FBI Director James Comey that he had serious concerns about his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn.

    President Donald Trump told former FBI Director James Comey that he had serious concerns about his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn.

  • In new walkouts, students look to turn outrage to action

    In new walkouts, students look to turn outrage to action

    Friday, April 20 2018 12:26 AM EDT2018-04-20 04:26:49 GMT
    Saturday, April 21 2018 2:35 AM EDT2018-04-21 06:35:35 GMT
    (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File). FILE - In this March 14, 2018 file photo, young demonstrators hold a rally in front of the White House in Washington. Another wave of school walkouts is expected as students honor victims of gun violence and push for gu...(AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File). FILE - In this March 14, 2018 file photo, young demonstrators hold a rally in front of the White House in Washington. Another wave of school walkouts is expected as students honor victims of gun violence and push for gu...

    Another wave of school walkouts is expected as students honor victims of gun violence and push for gun control.

    Another wave of school walkouts is expected as students honor victims of gun violence and push for gun control.

Powered by Frankly