Altus house fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Altus house fire

Posted: Updated:

Altus, Okla._An empty house caught fire in Altus Thursday morning, but quick action from firefighters kept it from getting out of control.

Firefighters responded to the house fire on north Main around 11 a.m. The flames started in a bedroom and spread to a portion of the attic. Firefighters were able to contain it but it did cause some damage, mainly to those areas of the house.

A faulty breaker panel sparked the blaze. No foul play was indicated and the fire has been ruled accidental. No injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.