UPDATE: Exploded Home Had No Propane Service - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

UPDATE: Exploded Home Had No Propane Service

Posted: Updated:

TEMPLE, Okla_ The State Fire Marshal has released new information on the house that exploded in Temple earlier this week. They have determined that there was no gas or propane service to the house.

Read 'Man Killed in Explosion Was Helpful and Kind'.

However, they have recovered several portable propane bottles from the scene. Assistant State Fire Marshal Joanne Sellers said it is very common to have a propane tank-related explosion when there's a fire. She said usually the explosions are of a smaller nature, and the explosion is typically not the cause of the fire, but a result of it.

The cause of the fire and explosion still remains undetermined at this time. Sellers said this investigation may take some time to complete.

The body of the man who was killed in the explosion, Robert "Goober" Barnes, has been transported to OKC to the medical examiner's office.

You can count on 7News to keep you updated on this developing story.

You can make donations to Hart-Wyatt Funeral Home in Walters. Address it as "Care of Robert "Goober" Barnes. Call them at (580) 875-3323.

 

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.