3rd Street business fire ruled accidental - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

3rd Street business fire ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:

Amarillo, TX - A large fire that erupted Monday night in northeast Amarillo is now being ruled as accidental.

The fire broke out at Medley Material Handling at 1501 NE 3rd just before 9:00 Monday evening.

The Amarillo Fire Department tells us employees spilled flammable liquid. The gas vapors were ignited by a portable heater, creating a flash fire.

One employee was transported to the hospital with possible inhalation injuries. That employee has since been released.

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share
Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.