3rd Street business fire ruled accidental - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

3rd Street business fire ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:

Amarillo, TX - A large fire that erupted Monday night in northeast Amarillo is now being ruled as accidental.

The fire broke out at Medley Material Handling at 1501 NE 3rd just before 9:00 Monday evening.

The Amarillo Fire Department tells us employees spilled flammable liquid. The gas vapors were ignited by a portable heater, creating a flash fire.

One employee was transported to the hospital with possible inhalation injuries. That employee has since been released.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • SkyWARN 7 Forecast

    SkyWARN 7 Forecast

    Friday, August 22 2014 3:35 PM EDT2014-08-22 19:35:24 GMT
    A True Summer Week Continues...
    A True Summer Week Continues...
  • Dentist at center of health scare cedes license

    Dentist at center of health scare cedes license

    Friday, August 22 2014 12:11 PM EDT2014-08-22 16:11:16 GMT
    An Oklahoma oral surgeon whose filthy clinics led to the testing of thousands of patients for HIV and hepatitis permanently surrendered his professional license on Friday.
    An Oklahoma oral surgeon whose filthy clinics led to the testing of thousands of patients for HIV and hepatitis permanently surrendered his professional license on Friday.
  • Teen birth rate high despite efforts

    Teen birth rate high despite efforts

    Aug 20, 2014 10:57 PM2014-08-22 15:03:51 GMT
    Ashley Nunez-Davis of Birth Choice sees about 30-40 pregnant teen girls a month.
    Ashley Nunez-Davis of Birth Choice sees about 30-40 pregnant teen girls a month.
ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share
Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.