Lawton Boy Remains in Intensive Care After Apartment Fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Lawton Boy Remains in Intensive Care After Apartment Fire

LAWTON Okla_ A young boy remains in the intensive car unit at an Oklahoma City hospital this afternoon, badly burned in an early-morning fire at his Lawton home.

Firefighters say the 3-year-old boy, whose name has not been released, suffered severe burns in the fire. The blaze broke out early Wednesday morning on the west side of Lawton at an apartment complex, and investigators believe a lit candle is to blame.

Crews got the call a little after 4:00 AM Wednesday. Fire had broken out at an apartment building at 6313 northwest Elm. We're told the youngest child had moved a burning candle in the middle of the night. He moved it to underneath a TV stand, and that seems to be what started the fire.

Investigators said he tried to put out the flames and in doing so, sustained 2nd and 3rd degree burns to 30% of his body. A woman, another child and a guest also were in the apartment. We know they were evacuated but don't know whether any were injured.

Damage to the unit is estimated at about $45,000 to $50,000. The Lawton Fire Marshal's Office is investigating, and the Red Cross is doing what it can to help the victims.



Powered by Frankly