Wichita Falls, Texas_ Downtown Wichita Falls Development is excited to announce that they have purchased the historic Zales Building, located on the corner of 8th and Ohio in downtown Wichita Falls.
Built in 1915, the structure was originally used as a bank, pool hall and cigar store. In 1924, Morris (M. B.) Zale, William Zale, and Ben Lipshy opened the first Zales Jeweler store in this location, where they remained until 1940. Since then, the building has been used as a jewelry store, and perhaps most familiar to locals, as DeFoor's Pawn Shop.