Damaged TV cable blamed for apartment fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Damaged TV cable blamed for apartment fire

Posted: Updated:

LAWTON,Okla_A damaged TV cable is being blamed for an apartment fire Friday night. 

Firefighters were called to NW 19th and Hoover around 7:30p.m. after smoke was seen coming from the apartment's  windows. 

 Firefighters say only one unit was damaged and most of it was isolated to one room. They said the fire ignited after a damaged TV cable arced and set fire to a pile of clothes.


No one was hurt because the residents were not at home at the time of the fire but firefighters say the family's dog did not survive. 

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.