APD: Exposed Wire Found After Accidental Electrocution - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

new

APD: Exposed Wire Found After Accidental Electrocution

Posted: Updated:

ALTUS,Okla_ Altus police say an exposed electrical wire may be to blame for an accidental electrocution that killed a man over the weekend.

Police say Christopher Crafton, 40, had crawled under a house to repair a water leak.  Witnesses said he was only there for a short time when he was somehow electrocuted.  

The fire department was called to get Crafton out from under the house. They had to cut the power to the home and widen the opening to the crawlspace. Police found the exposed wire from a 220 volt line resting against a metal pipe.

Crafton was pronounced dead at the hospital.  Police are still investigating but they do believe it was an accident.

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.