CDC says stomach bug linked to cilantro, salad mix - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

CDC says stomach bug linked to cilantro, salad mix

Posted: Updated:
By MARY CLARE JALONICK, Associated Press
 

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says some Texas cases in a severe stomach bug outbreak last summer have been linked to Mexican cilantro.

The CDC said Wednesday that the cilantro came from Puebla, Mexico, and was served at "Mexican-style" restaurants and sold in a single grocery store. The CDC did not identify the Mexican producer, the restaurants or grocery store.

All told, 278 people in Texas were sickened by cyclospora. Not all those illnesses were traced back to the cilantro.

There were two separate cyclospora outbreaks last summer, sickening 643 people in 25 states. The other outbreak was linked to salad mix served at Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurants in Iowa and Nebraska.

The CDC said the outbreaks are finished and the products are out of stores.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • SkyWARN 7 Forecast

    SkyWARN 7 Forecast

    Friday, April 18 2014 4:58 AM EDT2014-04-18 08:58:29 GMT
    What a nice end to the work week with sunshine, south winds and temperatures ranging through the 70s and even some low 80s out near the Texas panhandle.  For this evening expect temperatures to fall through
    Rain Chances Gradually Return this Easter Weekend.
  • UPDATE: Murder suspect transferred to Oklahoma County jail

    UPDATE: Murder suspect transferred to Oklahoma County jail

    Friday, April 18 2014 12:34 AM EDT2014-04-18 04:34:02 GMT
    LAWTON, Okla._ Quentin Goodwin was transferred to a jail in Oklahoma County from the Comanche County Detention Center Thursday.  Goodwin was arrested Wednesday in Lawton after being charged, along with
    Quentin Goodwin was transferred to a jail in Oklahoma County from the Comanche County Detention Center Thursday.
  • Judge's announcement could delay Duncan doctor's trial

    Judge's announcement could delay Duncan doctor's trial

    Friday, April 18 2014 12:11 AM EDT2014-04-18 04:11:16 GMT
    DUNCAN, Okla._The presiding judge in a case of a Duncan doctor accused of shooting a man outside his ex-wife's house last year has disqualified himself, just days before the trial is scheduled to begin.
    The presiding judge in a case of a Duncan doctor accused of shooting a man outside his ex-wife's house last year has disqualified himself, just days before the trial is scheduled to begin.
Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.