Fire destroys Altus motel room - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Fire destroys Altus motel room

Posted: Updated:

Altus, Ok_An electrical fire broke out in an Altus motel room early Tuesday and destroyed it.

Firefighters were called to the Best Western near Tamarack Road and Main Street around midnight. Witnesses told dispatchers room 125 was engulfed in flames. Authorities quickly evacuated people from nearby rooms before they put out the flames. 

The Altus Fire Chief said an electrical short in a heating unit caused the blaze.

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.