Fire destroys Indiahoma home, fireplace to blame - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Fire destroys Indiahoma home, fireplace to blame

Posted: Updated:

INDIAHOMA, Okla_An Indiahoma family's home was ravaged in a house fire Wednesday night.

When firefighters arrived flames reaching more than ten feet high were shooting from the home.

Firefighters were told people could still be inside, but later learned a neighbor had helped them to safety. The family was inside when the fire erupted.


Firefighters believe a faulty burning fireplace caused the blaze. The homeowner said she stepped out of the room and when she returned she saw a huge fire spreading to the rest of the home. 

All that remains is a pile of rubble. Firefighters say the damage could have been worse. They say winds blowing from the north kept the flames from reaching a house next door.   

 

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.