AMARILLO, TX - To help area farmers better understand the volatile market, Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service and the Risk Management Agency is offering several one day "Intro to Futures and Options" workshops.
The program will focus on topics such as dealing with adequate to surplus crop supplies, low cattle inventory, and marketing tools used to ensure profitability.
The workshops will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and cost $50.
The workshop locations and dates are as follows:
- Jan. 27 - First State Bank, Dalhart
- Jan. 28 - O'Loughlin Center, Spearman
- Jan. 29 - Ochiltree Expo Center, Perryton
- Feb. 11 - Roberts County Courthouse Annex, Miami
- Mar. 5 - Wheeler County Ag and Family Center, Wheeler
- Mar. 6 - AgriLife Extension Office - Hereford