Lawton family without power after small fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Lawton family without power after small fire

Posted: Updated:

LAWTON,Okla._A small fire leaves a family in north Lawton with a big headache Friday night.

It started in a bedroom wall at a home on the corner of northwest 24th and Williams. Investigators say a power outlet short-circuited. Flames ripped through that wall, setting a nearby bed ablaze.

Fire crews arrived in time before the fire spread outside the bedroom but there was still severe smoke damage inside. 

 

Charles Stewart lives at the home and says his wife felt the heat from flames come through the wall.   

"My wife that was in the bedroom laying in the bed said that her face was on fire.  I was throwing water from the bath tub over into the bedroom, said Stewart."

 

The family is still without power in half of their home. Thankfully the three people inside and all five animals escaped injury. 
  
Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.