Cigarette blamed for house fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Cigarette blamed for house fire

Posted: Updated:

LAWTON, Okla._A discarded cigarette is to blame for an afternoon house fire that started on the front porch.

Lawton firefighters were called to the home just three blocks south of W.Gore Blvd. and 68th Street.

The fire started at the front of home before spreading to the roof.

The homeowner said she left a cigarette burning on her front porch and later smelled smoke and called 911. Most of the damage was isolated to the exterior of the home. 

Damage is estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.