Discarded cigarette sparks house fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Discarded cigarette sparks house fire

Posted: Updated:

LAWTON, Okla._ A discarded cigarette is to blame for a house fire in Lawton.

 A passerby was driving along northwest 11th and Bell Thursday when he saw a tree on fire next to the home. He alerted the homeowner who was unaware of the fire that had already spread to his home.

The fire damaged the home's exterior and fence line. Firefighters found several cigarette butts near the origin of the fire and is believed to be the cause.

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.