Cigarette to blame for apartment fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Cigarette to blame for apartment fire

Posted: Updated:

LAWTON, Okla._ A fire at a west Lawton apartment complex sparked Monday night after a lit cigarette was tossed into the breezeway.

Firefighters were called to the Crosby Park apartments just before 7 p.m.

Residents were never in any real danger since firefighters arrived before the fire got out of control.

The fire started after a cigarette was tossed and was allowed to smolder after falling between the wall of a unit and a slab of concrete.

A damage estimate report has not been completed.

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.