Elmer Thomas Park Easter Eggstravaganza - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Elmer Thomas Park Easter Eggstravaganza

LAWTON, Okla_  Hundreds filled Elmer Thomas Park Saturday for the annual Easter Eggstravaganza.

The hunt was for ages 1 to 12 and also had other activities.

"Run crazy and get the golden egg!"

Garrett, Gage, Gracie, and Sierra were just a few of the hundreds of kids ages 1 to 12 at Elmer Thomas Park all aiming to fill their baskets with Easter eggs.

"I want 100!" Garrett said.

"I don't even know!" Sierra added.

Whether they know how many they want or not event organizer, Shereyl White, says 7,001 eggs makes for a lot of chances at getting some sweet treats.

"There's a lot of eggs out there for the kids.  We tried to make it where everyone was going to get some candy," White said.

White has been organizing events like this for the city for awhile, but the Easter Eggstravaganza brings back old memories.

"I remember when I was a kid and how I loved to find all the different colors and I would piece them together while I was eating my candy, and just the shock they get on their face when they find just one Easter egg.  So I just always imagine me and my parents running around out there," White said.

The Easter egg hunt wasn't the only things getting the kids excited.  There was an arts and crafts table and even a bouncy house for them to jump around in.

US general says illegal nuclear launch order can be refused

Saturday, November 18 2017 6:09 PM EST2017-11-18 23:09:48 GMT
    Sunday, November 19 2017 1:51 AM EST2017-11-19 06:51:16 GMT

The top officer at U.S. Strategic Command says an order from President Donald Trump or any of his successors to launch nuclear weapons can be refused if that order is determined to be illegal.

Moore critic: Alabama Senate race a battle for nation's soul

Friday, November 17 2017 11:39 PM EST2017-11-18 04:39:35 GMT
    Sunday, November 19 2017 1:50 AM EST2017-11-19 06:50:33 GMT

GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore's wife is standing by her embattled man, and she has gathered other Alabama women to his cause _ but not everyone is sticking with him.

Trump campaign created own rules on sexual harassment

Saturday, November 18 2017 3:09 AM EST2017-11-18 08:09:31 GMT
    Sunday, November 19 2017 1:50 AM EST2017-11-19 06:50:08 GMT

While allegations of sexual harassment topple the careers of some men, Trump moves ahead unscathed as he writes his own rules.