Cache family plagued by illness - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Cache family plagued by illness

CACHE, Okla._ Plagued by illness, a mother here says she’s hoping for community support as her four children continue to suffer from four different medical conditions.

“Nobody is ever prepared for what life throws at you,” says Jennifer Ramirez, who has been hit with quite a few curveballs in life.

Her four children are all diagnosed with life changing illnesses: Autism, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, obstructive sleep apnea, nephrotic kidney disease and scoliosis.

“Acute lymphoblastic leukemia with an 85 percent survival chance and 15 percent death chance,” says 10-year-old Payton Ramirez, who has been suffering from leukemia since 2011.

He is currently cancer free and optimistic about making a 100 percent recovery.

“I think one day really soon, I’ll be back to normal.”

For now, he's surrounded by loving brothers and sisters, all with medical problems of their own.

Forced with being in and out of doctor's appointments, Mrs. Ramirez was recently let go from her job. She has been a nurse for 14 years, and although she knows she needs to get back to work soon, she says her children's current needs are far more important.

“I know that my kids need me."

What most would consider a high-stress situation, this family deals with their misfortunes in stride.

“One day at a time, just dealing with whatever it is that I can deal with."

The Ramirez family says they can use any help the community can offer. There has been an online fundraiser set up for the family which can be viewed here.

  • Local NewsNewsMore>>

  • Average price of US gas jumps 10 cents, to $3 a gallon

    Average price of US gas jumps 10 cents, to $3 a gallon

    Sunday, May 20 2018 1:31 PM EDT2018-05-20 17:31:27 GMT
    Sunday, May 20 2018 1:52 PM EDT2018-05-20 17:52:37 GMT
    The average price of regular-grade gasoline in the U.S. jumped 10 cents a gallon over the past two weeks to $3.00. (Source: Raycom Image Bank)The average price of regular-grade gasoline in the U.S. jumped 10 cents a gallon over the past two weeks to $3.00. (Source: Raycom Image Bank)

    The average price of regular-grade gasoline in the U.S. jumped 10 cents a gallon over the past two weeks to $3.00.

    The average price of regular-grade gasoline in the U.S. jumped 10 cents a gallon over the past two weeks to $3.00.

  • Arrest records of Rosa Parks, MLK to be preserved

    Arrest records of Rosa Parks, MLK to be preserved

    Sunday, May 20 2018 11:41 AM EDT2018-05-20 15:41:33 GMT
    Sunday, May 20 2018 1:39 PM EDT2018-05-20 17:39:07 GMT
    (Alabama State University via AP). This photo shows the signature of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. on a court document in the archive of Alabama State University in Montgomery, Ala. The school is preserving and digitizing historic court documents lin...(Alabama State University via AP). This photo shows the signature of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. on a court document in the archive of Alabama State University in Montgomery, Ala. The school is preserving and digitizing historic court documents lin...

    Yellowing court records from the arrests of Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr. and others at the dawn of the modern civil rights era are being preserved and digitized after being discovered in a courthouse box.

    Yellowing court records from the arrests of Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr. and others at the dawn of the modern civil rights era are being preserved and digitized after being discovered in a courthouse box.

  • Facebook: We're better at policing nudity than hate speech

    Facebook: We're better at policing nudity than hate speech

    Tuesday, May 15 2018 10:17 AM EDT2018-05-15 14:17:56 GMT
    Sunday, May 20 2018 1:38 PM EDT2018-05-20 17:38:15 GMT
    For hate speech, Facebook's human reviewers and computer algorithms identified just 38 percent of the violations. (Source: Pixabay)For hate speech, Facebook's human reviewers and computer algorithms identified just 38 percent of the violations. (Source: Pixabay)

    Facebook report reveals its screening system is better at detecting some forms of offensive content than others.

    Facebook report reveals its screening system is better at detecting some forms of offensive content than others.

Powered by Frankly