Fire ignites after bulldozer battery explodes

Fire ignites after bulldozer battery explodes

INDIAHOMA, Okla._ Indiahoma volunteer firefighters battled a bulldozer fire for nearly two hours after its battery exploded.

Firefighters were called to private property in a wooded area on Southwest Coombs Road just west of Post Oak Road.

A thick cloud of smoke billowed over the tree line for more than an hour and a half.

County emergency officials say the fire was isolated to the bulldozer itself, but extra firefighters were on hand to keep it from spreading into the thick brush. Firefighters had a hard time containing the fire that was fueled by the chemicals inside the battery.

No one was injured in the fire.