Child playing with a lighter ignites closet - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Child playing with a lighter ignites closet

Posted: Updated:

LAWTON, Okla._A northwest Lawton family is out of their home temporarily after a fire started in a bedroom closet.

Fire officials said a child was playing with a lighter and it didn't go out after the child threw it in the closet. Fire crews responded to the house in Mission Village, off of I-44 near Rogers Lane, a little before 2:00 p.m. and had the flames down within minutes. All of the fire damage is in the bedroom and closet, but fire officials say there is smoke damage throughout the house.

No one was injured in the fire.

 

Powered by WorldNow
KSWO-TV, 1401 SE 60th Street
Lawton, OK 73501

Telephone: (580) 355-7000
Fax: (580) 357-3811
Email: news@kswo.com

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KSWO. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.