Lightning sparks house fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Lightning sparks house fire

LAWTON, Okla._A lightning strike sparked a house fire late Monday morning.

A lightning bolt struck the roof of a home on Northeast Valley View Road around 11:15 a.m. The Valley View VFD and Cox's Store VFD responded to the call. They were able to contain the fire to a room on the second floor and put it out within half an hour.

One person was reportedly in the home when the fire started, but there were no reports of any injuries.

Firefighters were called back to the home after the fire rekindled around midnight. The home is considered a total loss.

Powered by Frankly