Grill fire temporarily shuts down restaurant - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Grill fire temporarily shuts down restaurant

LAWTON, Okla._An east side fast food restaurant is back open after a grill fire caused it to temporarily shut down.

Firefighters were called to Sonic on East Gore just after 7:00 p.m. Thursday, after flames erupted when a grill overheated sparking a fire. Employees used a fire extinguisher to put it out before firefighters arrived. However, the business was closed for nearly an hour while workers waited for the health inspector to give the all-clear. The restaurant opened for business around 8:30 p.m. but were only serving drinks. Fire officials said they hoped to return to full service by 10:00 p.m. Thursday.

Powered by Frankly