Firefighters battle condo fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Firefighters battle condo fire

LAWTON, Okla._Firefighters battled both the heat from a condo fire and the heat from the sun Sunday afternoon on the northwest side.

It happened around 3 p.m. near 45th Place and Ozmun Avenue.

Firefighters said when they arrived on scene visible smoke and flames could be seen coming out of the top of the building. Four of the six units in the building were occupied.

Fire crews said a unit on the top floor caught fire due to of a discarded cigarette.

Everyone inside the building made it out safely, but three firefighters had to be treated for heat related illnesses.

The building has been deemed unsafe and residents will not be allowed to return.

Powered by Frankly