Fire destroys Indiahoma home

Fire destroys Indiahoma home

INDIAHOMA, Okla._An electrical spark may be responsible for igniting a fire that destroyed an Indiahoma home.

Around 4 Monday afternoon firefighters were called to battle a house fire at 202 Showplace Boulevard.

The homeowner was inside when it ignited, but was able to make it out safely before firefighters arrived. One animal was killed in the fire.

A neighbor said within minutes the front porch was engulfed. Fire crews remained on scene for the next couple of hours.

Comanche County Emergency Management said Cache Fire Department had to relieve Indiahoma firefighters who were overcome with heat exhaustion while fighting the fire in 100 degree temperatures.