Owner safely escapes house fire

Owner safely escapes house fire

LAWTON, Okla._Firefighters are looking into the cause of a house fire Wednesday night in a neighborhood off Northwest 82nd Street and Rogers Lane.

One person was inside when it started, but she was able to get herself and her pets out safely. Investigators do not think it's suspicious. A neighbor thought it might have been started by an exploding propane tank, but that has not been confirmed by officials. The fire was put out quickly, but it did put off quite a bit of smoke.

Damage estimates to the house are still being calculated.