Firefighters rescue pets from house fire

Firefighters rescue pets from house fire

LAWTON, Okla._A family escaped without injury Thursday night after their house caught fire.

This was the scene around 7:30 p.m. at 4716 Southwest 'K' Circle, just north of the Great Plains Technology Center. Firefighters had the blaze under control in less than ten minutes. They were able to rescue the family's dog and cat. The fire appears to have been sparked by an electrical short.

No estimate of the damage, which looked to be quite significant inside.