Generator starts small fire at MacArthur Middle School
August 17, 2015 at 9:17 PM CDT - Updated July 25 at 6:58 AM
LAWTON, Okla._Crews from the Lawton Fire Department responded to a small fire Monday morning at MacArthur Middle School.
Just before 11:00 a.m., crews were called to investigate smoke coming from the roof of the middle school after a report that the school was on fire. Workers are currently putting a new roof on the building. The Lawton Fire Department says the fire started from a generator the company was using. The company believes fuel spilled and hit the generator, causing the fire to start.
Lawton Fire Department officials say the damage is minor.
Despite the small fire, classes for MacArthur Middle School will start on Friday as scheduled.