Quick-thinking neighbor extinguishes electrical fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Quick-thinking neighbor extinguishes electrical fire

LAWTON, Okla._A quick-thinking neighbor is getting credit for putting out a fire at a home in Wichita Mountain Estates Tuesday morning.

Firefighters responded to a call at a home on Ketch Creek Drive around 8:00 a.m. They say the woman who lives there noticed her cat sniffing around the closet, then she saw it run away. When she walked over, she saw smoke and opened the door to find flames.

She called 911 and then called her neighbor who rushed over with a fire extinguisher and quickly put the fire out. Firefighters determined the fire was caused by arcing wires inside the closet.

They say if it wasn't for the quick thinking of the woman's neighbor, the damage could have been much worse.

Powered by Frankly