Woman escapes fire before firefighters rescue dogs - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Woman escapes fire before firefighters rescue dogs

LAWTON, Okla._Fire investigators say an electrical short is to blame for a late night fire in Lawton.

Firefighters say it started just after 10:00 p.m. Sunday at 805 NW 44th St. They believe a short in a power recliner started the fire. The woman living there made it out safely and firefighters went in to save her two dogs.

The fire damaged the living room and kitchen area. The chair and items in the living room were destroyed. 

Firefighters also had to make a hole in the roof to easily get to the fire.

Powered by Frankly