Dog dies in house fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Dog dies in house fire

LAWTON, Okla._A grease fire destroyed a home and killed a dog in Lawton Monday afternoon.

The fire was reported around 3:00 p.m. at a home near Northwest Parkwood Place and Woodland Drive. Fire crews say a woman was inside the kitchen when the fire started. She tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher, but when that didn’t work she used salt, which made it worse.

The woman and another pet were able to make it out safely, but it was too late for the other dog. The woman was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The Red Cross has been called in to help her out as the home is now deemed unlivable.

Powered by Frankly