House fire claims life of woman, pet

House fire claims life of woman, pet

CACHE, Okla._The fire that killed an elderly woman in Cache early Friday morning was caused by a space heater.

The fire broke out around 5:30 a.m. on Crater Creek Road and Rowells Lane. Fire crews say when they arrived, flames were shooting from the front and sides of the home. Two people made it out safely, but a 94-year-old woman did not.

"We're very sorry for the loss and trying to do everything we can for the family," Cache Fire Chief Dale Winham said.

Chief Winham says the family also lost a pet in the fire. Both people who made it out were taken to the hospital; one for smoke inhalation and the other for anxiety.

The name of the woman who died has not been released.