ALTUS, Okla. (KSWO) -A mother, son and their dog escaped from their home after it caught fire early Friday morning.
The call came in around 2:00 a.m. that there was a house on fire on the 800 block of East Walnut. Firefighters put out flames in the living room and the back of the house, while smoke filled the rest. Police and ambulance crews were also there to help.
The mother tried to put the fire out before firefighters arrived, but was unable to.
The fire's cause is believed to be space heater in bathroom.