Guests ring in the 'Noon Year' at Apache Casino - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Guests ring in the 'Noon Year' at Apache Casino

LAWTON, OK (KSWO) -For those of you who didn't want to get out and deal with all the New Year's Eve traffic at night, the Apache Casino and Hotel decided watch the clock count down to 12, but they did it 12 hours earlier than everyone else and celebrated a happy ‘Noon Year.’

Casino patrons had a chance to win nearly $13,000 in prizes in several giveaways that will last past midnight. Marketing director Barrett Defay says this was a way to show their appreciation to all of their guests and ring in the New Year for those who might not be able to at midnight.

“You know, it's great to throw one of the best parties in Lawton, and we're just proud to be able to do it," Defay said.

This was the second year for the noon celebration.

The ‘Noon Year’ celebration was a few hours early in Lawton, and casino patrons shared some of their New Year's traditions.

“I'm here to win it big, and I'm going do just that.” – Vickie Martin

“Me and my mother come here to Apache Casino and celebrate every New Year's.” –Melinda Mills.

“Well, we eat black-eyed peas and a little ham if the table set right and stuff like that. You know how that goes. I'm hoping to last out, I hope my money lasts out to midnight anyway.” -Keith Graham

“My personal New Year’s tradition is just to stay happy and healthy all year long.” –Geneva Carr

“Well, every year I try and enjoy myself with my boys and have black-eyed peas and ham hocks and greens. I'm really looking forward to it.” –Anthony Bostic.

“We'll sit around and talk about that year and relate to each other on that part and try to overcome it.” –Fermin Delarosa

“Every year we generally attend watch service and cook green beans, black-eyed peas and cabbage, cornbread, smoke ham hocks, neck bones and spend time with each other watching movies.” –Angela Willis

“I drink eggnog to ring in the New Year and I hope I'm healthy and wealthy this year.” –Patricia Cassady

Copyright 2015 KSWO. All rights reserved.

Trump urges House GOP to move quickly on budget, tax cuts

Monday, October 23 2017 3:44 AM EDT2017-10-23 07:44:06 GMT
    Monday, October 23 2017 5:34 AM EDT2017-10-23 09:34:06 GMT

Trump on Sunday personally implored House GOP members on a conference call to swiftly adopt the budget that was passed last week by the Senate, with the hope of clearing the way for what he described as historic tax cuts.

Judge tosses $417M award against Johnson & Johnson

Friday, October 20 2017 10:32 PM EDT2017-10-21 02:32:33 GMT
    Monday, October 23 2017 5:14 AM EDT2017-10-23 09:14:17 GMT

A Los Angeles judge has tossed out a $417 million jury award to a woman who claimed she developed ovarian cancer by using Johnson & Johnson baby powder for feminine hygiene.

Former presidents call for unity at hurricane aid concert

Saturday, October 21 2017 9:42 AM EDT2017-10-21 13:42:51 GMT
    Monday, October 23 2017 4:04 AM EDT2017-10-23 08:04:59 GMT

All five living former U.S. presidents will be attending a concert Saturday night in a Texas college town, raising money for hurricane relief.