CACHE, OK (KSWO)- A Cache neighborhood and firefighters banded together helping to keep a fire from spreading to a woman's home.
Early Wednesday afternoon on Lee Boulevard and Paint Road, Cache fire officials say the woman's shed caught fire shortly after she put her riding lawnmower inside it. Cache Fire Chief Dale Winham says the fire quickly spread, burning the shed to the ground and melting virtually everything inside. After seeing the flames, he says neighbors pitched in and used water hoses to help keep the fire from reaching the woman's home.
The Cache Fire Department was able to put out the blaze in about half an hour. No one was injured, but the loss of property is estimated at $20,000.