Candle blamed for house fire

Candle blamed for house fire

LAWTON, OK (KSWO) –Fire investigators say an unattended candle caused a home to catch fire Sunday night.

Firefighters were called to the fire on Southwest 'G' Avenue around 7 p.m. Sunday. There was no one inside the home at the time.

Crews had to tear parts of the roof off and some siding to get to the flames. Firefighters say the damage includes about $4,000 to the house itself, and another $1,000 for the contents.

The Red Cross was called in to help the family.

Copyright 2016 KSWO. All rights reserved.