A Child Who Hopes: Paul - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

A Child Who Hopes: Paul

HEALDTON, OK (KSWO) -A 15-year-old boy with a passion for construction is hoping to build a relationship with a family of his own.

There's never a dull moment when Paul is around. The charismatic teen can strike up a conversation with just about anyone. At his foster parent's diner in Healdton, Oklahoma, Paul has a knack for telling stories.

"Back when I had a hacksaw, I cut my thumb off," Paul said in one of his stories.

While he certainly doesn't mind being the center of attention, he also enjoys his alone time because that's when he does his best work.

Paul is really into building, or perhaps taking stuff apart.

"I have a Phillips screwdriver. I have four hammers. I have a blue hammer and another hammer I got for Christmas," Paul said.

He joked that he once removed every single nail in his foster parent's barn, and he would love to build a house one day.

When he's not working with his hands, you'll probably find him in front of a TV watching the DIY channel or Bill O'Reilly.

"He talks about politics. He talks about politics. He talks about politics," Paul said.

Paul has Asperger's syndrome, but gets along well in school where he likes to draw and play with his friends. He also likes animals and has two pets.

"All I have is two dogs. I have Uggy and Buddy. I'm going to be stuck with them two,” Paul said.

Paul would do well with a family who likes the outdoors and staying active. Some of his other favorite activities include basketball, bowling, swimming and playing on his trampoline, which, as we all know, can work up an appetite.

"Usually, I eat junk. Hamburgers, grill cheese, corn dogs, I eat popcorn, cookies," Paul said.

Paul says although he will miss his foster family, he really wants to find a family to adopt him.

"Yes, it would make me happy. It would make me happy though too. Okay, I'm done with the whole story," Paul said.

If you would like to learn more about Paul, just call (580) 250-3700 extension 3715 to speak to a real person who will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Copyright 2016 KSWO. All rights reserved.

Widow of workplace shooting victim says he feared co-worker

Thursday, October 19 2017 3:41 AM EDT2017-10-19 07:41:36 GMT
    Thursday, October 19 2017 4:03 PM EDT2017-10-19 20:03:56 GMT

The man shot five co-workers early Wednesday in Maryland, then drove to Delaware and shot an acquaintance in the head at a used car lot, police say.

US tourist fears he was hit in Cuba, years before diplomats

Thursday, October 19 2017 6:11 AM EDT2017-10-19 10:11:36 GMT
    Thursday, October 19 2017 4:02 PM EDT2017-10-19 20:02:48 GMT

Chris Allen's mysterious illness on a private 2014 visit to Havana illustrates how profoundly damaging the Cuba mystery has been for two long-estranged neighbors that only recently sought to patch up their relationship.

Trump's health subsidy shutdown could lead to free insurance

Thursday, October 19 2017 4:51 AM EDT2017-10-19 08:51:37 GMT
    Thursday, October 19 2017 3:33 PM EDT2017-10-19 19:33:21 GMT

It would have the unintended consequence of making basic health insurance available to more people for free and making upper-tier plans more affordable.