Overheated lawn trimmer started grassfire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Overheated lawn trimmer started grassfire

(Source KSWO) (Source KSWO)

COMANCHE COUNTY, OK (KSWO) - An overheated lawn trimmer is to blame for a Tuesday evening grassfire that burned about four acres.

Around 6:30 p.m., volunteer firefighters were called to tackle the blaze along Highway 65 near Hulen in eastern Comanche County.

Firefighters say a man was edging his trailer home when the machine got hot, catching the grass on fire.  No one was injured. Firefighters put the blaze out in about 20 minutes.

Copyright 2016 KSWO. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly