Man escapes from Marlow house fire - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Man escapes from Marlow house fire

(Source KSWO) (Source KSWO)

MARLOW, OK (KSWO) - A house fire Tuesday in Marlow sent a man to the hospital with 2nd and 3rd degree burns.  

The man's friends said they were outside the home on South Second Street, when they saw smoke.  Then they heard the man slam his body against the back door, trying to get out. His friends finally kicked the door open, to help him escape, but he sustained serious burns on his back, face and hands. 

Marlow Fire Chief Ryan Hall says the fire was mostly contained in the kitchen, and is a total loss. The other rooms in the home had some smoke damage.  He said an overloaded circuit with an extension cord sent sparks flying in the kitchen.

Copyright 2016 KSWO. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly