Candle engulfs home in flames - KSWO, Lawton, OK- Wichita Falls, TX: News, Weather, Sports. ABC, 24/7, Telemundo -

Candle engulfs home in flames

LAWTON, OK (KSWO) - A home on Lawton's east side suffered extensive damage after the resident left a burning candle unattended inside a bedroom closet.

It happened at a home on Northeast 38th Street, in a neighborhood just east of Flower Mound and north of Old Cache Road.

Firefighters say by the time the resident realized the house was on fire, the flames had already engulfed the entire attic.

The woman was able to make it out uninjured.

It took about an hour to put out.

Two hours later the fire rekindled, and firefighters returned to extinguish any flare ups.

Copyright 2016 KSWO. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly